Better than Income Tax
Do You Like Filling Out The Forms?
I expect you don’t. You’re told that income tax is a necessary evil but that is not true. We could change income tax over to an employment tax with very little effort and with huge benefits.
Swapping over from an ‘income’ tax to an ‘employment’ tax could be accomplished as simply a paper exercise. Only the root notion what the tax is needs to be changed, and the whole revenue system stays as it currently is now. Even the amount of money raised stays the same – at least in the interim.
In fact, an employment tax is actually cheaper to administer than income tax is because it eliminates the cumbersome processing of millions of individual tax submissions. It only requires input from the employers and the tax department is already getting that information now.
Income Tax is FALSE and Employment Tax is TRUE!
Income tax operates on the incorrect notion that government has the right to tax citizens.
Employment tax operates on the valid rationale of the government taxing business for having derived benefit from having employed citizens.
Just imagine it! Freedom from income tax – forever!
Benefits of Employment Tax
1. No more tax forms for private citizens.
2. Tax agents no longer snooping into personal and family finances.
3. Revenue agents able to focus on questionable business practices.
4. Tax department bureaucrats will do a better job because they will not feel hated by the people they are serving.
5. Political parties no longer have the ability to misuse the tax system as a voter manipulation tool.
6. Politicians will actually do a better job for us because they will be spending business money to serve people, instead of wasting the people’s money to serve business.
7. People will at last be free. Well, freer than we are now. Total emancipation requires one other condition too.
8. Citizens are still actually paying the government through their labor but it is handled in an unobtrusive and legitimate manner.
9. Private people are no longer forced to learn complicated tax procedures and risk not getting fair share back, or having to pay for tax preparations / refund discounters.
10. The revenue system becomes fair for all.
11. Government revenues remain at exactly the current level.
12. Business pays no more than they are currently remitting.
13. People see no change on their paychecks either.
14. We are finally basing part of our society on principles that are actually and intrinsically true!
Benefits of Income Tax
Sorry. I can’t think of any real benefits so here are some ‘tongue-in-cheek’ ones.
1. People get to be serfs owned by the government.
2. Tax prep and refund discounting services are a growth industry.
3. Political parties get to buy votes by offering tax discounts and rebates to only certain groups.
4. Citizens get to face the big nasty revenue service all alone unless they pay big money to hire a lawyer.
5. The government has the unencumbered luxury of remaining corrupt and authoritarian.
6. People get to suffer under the oppressive thumb of whichever tyrant dictator is currently in power.